Erasmus Mundus Now Part of Erasmus+
The new Erasmus+ programme aims to support actions in the fields of Education, Training, Youth and Sport for the period 2014-2020.
Erasmus+ replaces seven programmes bringing together:
- The Lifelong Learning Programme (Erasmus, Leonardo da Vinci, Comenius, Grundtvig and Jean Monnet)
- The Youth in Action programme
- Five international cooperation programmes (Erasmus Mundus, Tempus, Alfa, Edulink, the programme for cooperation with industrialised countries)
- The new sports action.
What does it support?
Erasmus+ provides grants for a wide range of actions and activities in the fields of education, training, youth and sports. The programme gives opportunities to students, trainees, staff and volunteers to spend a period abroad to increase their skills and employability. It supports organisations to work in transnational partnership and to share innovative practices in the fields of education, training and youth.
Erasmus Mundus Contacts
Hedvika Páleníková, MSc
phone: +420 220 443 158
Filip Faltejsek, BA
phone: +420 220 443 159
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMDs) at UCT
EM3E-4SW (Master in Membrane Engineering for a Sustainable World)
The Master in Membrane Engineering for a Sustainable World, EM3E-4SW, offer an advanced educational programme related to membrane science and engineering at the interface between materials science and chemical engineering and focused on specific applicative fields.
- It involves 6 Higher Education Institutions of 5 European countries:
- Université de Montpellier (France), coordinating organisation,
- Université Toulouse 3 Paul Sabatier (Toulouse, France),
- University of Chemistry and Technology Prague (Czech Republic),
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Portugal),
- Universidad de Zaragoza (Spain),
- University of Twente (Netherlands).
- Associated partners are:
- Università della Calabria (Italy),
- Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium),
- Language of instruction is English
- Contact: doc. Dr. Ing. Vlastimil Fíla, Vlastimil.Fila@vscht.cz
- Download information sheet.
- Visit EM3E-4SW website.
- Deadline for submission of applications for admission with an Erasmus Mundus scholarship: January 31st 2019 (mid-night CET).
- Deadline for submission of applications without an Erasmus Mundus scholarship: May 31st 2019 (mid-night CET).
IMETE (Master of Science in Environmental Technology and Engineering)
The International Master of Science in Environmental Technology and Engineering (IMETE) is a Joint Master Degree Programme, taught in English, bringing together students and scholars from all over the world.
The IMETE programme takes two years to complete and starts yearly in September at UCT Prague. In February of the next year students move to Delft, the Netherlands, where they can choose between two tracks, "Ecotechnology" and "Advanced wastewater treatment technologies". An optional internship can be completed in Summer. In September students move to Gent, Belgium to choose between "Air" and "Soil" tracks in the 3rd semester. Finally, in February of the 3rd year, students start their thesis research at one of the three academic institutions or at an associated partner.
- You will study two years at three leading European universities in 3 different European countries:
- Ghent University (Belgium),
- IHE Delft Institute for Water Education (The Netherlands)
- University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague (Czech Republic).
- Language of instruction is English
- Submission deadline for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship application is 15 January 2019, 23:59 CET for applicants from both Partner and Programme Countries. Applications received after this date will be taken into consideration for academic admission, but not for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. In those cases you need to submit your application before 15 May 2019.