čas: 23.6.2017 20:23:46
Obnovit | RAW
Following the opening course in 2014, and very successful courses in 2015 and 2016 the registration is now open for the 4th Prague Summer School "Advances in Drug Discovery", focusing on the whole process from discovery to drug marketing.
The Summer School is organized by the University of Chemistry and Technology Prague and Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the CAS.
As in 2016 the attendants are welcome to present their research in the form of poster presentation.
The Summer School is intended mainly for PhD students and postdocs. Expert speakers from major international pharma and biotech companies and academia will cover these broad areas:
- Target discovery
- General chemical approaches – medicinal chemistry
- Structure and In silico based drug design
- Lead structure characterization
- Precinical and clinical development
- Principles and examples of commercial drug development cycleS
- Specific section devoted to personalized medicine and related diagnostic.
- James Douglas Engel
University of Michigan
Developing Therapeutics for the Worlds most Common Inherited Genetic Disease
- Thomas Ullrich
Novartis, Institutes for Biomedical Research
Local Drug Delivery to Joints and Tendon
- Petr Váchal
Topic: Medicinal Chemistry Enabled by Novel, Transformational Capabilities
- Sergej Zezula
Discovering Drugs with a CRO
- Stephan Bachmann
Catalysis as Key Technology in the Synthesis & Scale-up of APIs and their Intermediates
- Ernst Plefka
Pharmacometabolomics in Drug Development and Precision Medicine
More Information & registration - website of the Prague Summer School
Early bird registration - before and on July 15, 2017
Such is the title of the 11th European Electrochemical Engineering Symposium, hosted by the UCT Prague Faculty of Chemical Technology, with Dean Prof. Karel Bouzek at its forefront. The main target of the Symposium is to provide a focused forum for researchers and users of electrochemical technologies in a broad spectrum of existing and emerging fields of applications and thus to trigger an intense exchange of ideas and information.
The Symposium will focus on, but not be limited to, six key topics: green technologies for sustainable development, electrocatalysis and electrochemical technologies, safe water and air, energy conversion processes, bioelectrochemistry - a launchpad for new frontiers in electrochemical technologies, surface treatment and corrosion engineering. International guests include Prof. Anthony A. Wragg, who has been honored with a special award for his contributions to electrochemical engineering. Prof. Wragg has been very influential in the development of the electrochemical research at UCT Prague, as he helped young scientists cultivate their knowledge at the University of Exeter. Not only because of this, he holds the Votoček medal – the highest academic award granted by UCT Prague.
The most recent edition of the well respected Times Higher Education unviersity rating for 2016 placed UCT Prague as one of 5 Czech universities to reach the class of 601-800th best schools. In one of the key aspects - quality of education - UCT Prague reached 2nd place between the 5 Czech schools.
Times Higher Education belongs, along the Shanghai based QS Ratings, to the most respected university rating systems. Main 5 criteria are judged –education, cooperation with industries, international relations, research and citations.
UCT Prague student Shadi Alnahari has won photo competetion organized by Study in Prague. The topic of the contest was "We’ve met in Prague".
You can see the photo on author's Instagram profile.
The on-line Abstract submission already started:
The aim of the conference is to highlight recent developments in environmental applications of Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOPs), covering the themes listed below.
The conference programme will consist of Plenary Lectures (40 min), Keynote Lectures (25 min), Oral Communications (20 min) and Student Paper Communications (5 min), complemented by Poster Sessions.
- The deadline for abstract submission is on 31st January 2017.
- The on-line registration will be open on 20th March 2017.
All the other relevant information about the conference is available at the web page http://www.eaaop5.com.
- UV-based processes, semiconductor photocatalysis
- Fenton and Fenton like processes
- Radiation processes (Sonolysis…), ozonation technologies
- Electrochemical processes
- Wet air and supercritical oxidation processes
- Catalytic redox processes, zero-valent iron and other reducing agents
- Plasma and Electrohydraulic discharge technologies
- Pilot-scale studies and field applications
- AOPs for water and groundwater treatment, AOPs for odour and VOC control, AOPs for soil remediation, AOPs for energy production
- Coupling AOPs with other processes
Invited plenary speakers:
- Detlef Bahnemann, Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
- Dionysios D. Dionysiou, University of Cincinnati, USA
- Urs von Gunten, Eawag, Dübendorf, Switzerland
- Michael R. Hoffmann, California Institute of Technology, USA
- Bunsho Ohtani, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Josef Krysa, University of Chemistry and Technology Prague, Czech Republic
Life @ UCT Prague
"Studying at UCT Prague has provided me with an exceptional education and boundless research options." - Thea, USA