čas: 2.3.2024 16:08:25
Obnovit | RAW
---Nová url--- (newurl_...)
CMS: Odkaz na newurlCMS
Obnovit | RAW
The group of Dr. Pavla Perlíková (https://uoch.vscht.cz/research-groups/perlikova-en) at the Department of Organic Chemistry of the University of Chemistry and Technology (UCT) in Prague is looking for PhD students in organic/medicinal chemistry. Two PhD topics are announced for 2024/2025.
Synthesis of inhibitors of the Arp2/3 complex
Migrastatics represent a new concept of drugs with a great potential to improve the outcome of the current cancer treatment strategies by inhibiting metastatic behavior of cancer cells. Our goal is to use rational design to develop new inhibitors of actin polymerization by targeting the Arp2/3 complex (actin-polymerization nucleator). The project includes a synthesis of hits from virtual screening and its optimization and structure-activity relationship studies. The position is funded by a prestigious Junior STAR grant by the Czech Science Foundation.
Synthesis of inhibitors of transcription factors involved in metabolic diseases
Transcription factors play an important role in the regulation of gene expression. Deregulation of key protein synthesis leads to a variety of metabolic diseases. The aim of this work is to use rational drug design to prepare suitable inhibitors of selected transcription factors and to further investigate the structure-activity relationship. The position is funded by the Excellent Research Call OP JAK project.
· Study at the largest higher education institution devoted to education and research in the field of chemistry in Central Europe
· Work in a small team and friendly environment
- 36-month contract (salary + scholarship)
- Low cost of living in tolerant, progressive and secure country with rich cultural and natural heritage
· Study in the heart of Europe with convenient transport connections to the whole world
We are looking for:
· Highly motivated candidates with background in synthetic organic chemistry
· MSc. degree in organic/medicinal chemistry (or soon-to-be graduate)
· Pro-active, flexible and responsible students
· Excellent command of English (oral and written)
· Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
· Expected start: September 2024
How to apply
Please send a motivation letter covering the reason for application, skills and abilities, professional interests and expectations (maximum one page), your CV, and a letter of recommendation by the MSc. advisor via email to email@example.com. Short-listed candidates will be invited to an online interview.
For more information, please contact the Projet Centre (Miroslava.Grunwaldt@vscht.cz).
The Czech-UNDP Partnership for SDGs is looking for experts who are interested in collaborating in selected fields within the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The aim of the cooperation is especially to transfer Czech experience and know-how in the target countries. Czech expertise is shared through hands-on experience and trainings in the partner countries. This includes technological assistance, expert consulting, preparation of feasibility studies, specialized on-site trainings, and study trips or professional internships. Experts, who are listed in the UNDP database, can be invited to work together for up to 90 days to develop long-term solutions that will bring positive change to local communities and organisations.
Interested in working with CUP? The Project Centre is happy to help you get in touch with UNDP - please contact Miroslava.Grunwaldt@vscht.cz.
Pathfinder opens the following Challenges:
- "Solar-to-X" devices Towards cement and concrete as a carbon sink
- Nature inspired alternatives for food packaging and films
- Nanoelectronics for energy-efficient smart edge devices
- Protecting EU space infrastructure
If you are interested in the EIC calls, please contact the Project Centre (Miroslava.Grunwaldt@vscht.cz).
Work Programmes for the years 2023 and 2024 have been officially published on the website of the European Commission. Those, who are interested to participate in calls published by the European Commission within the programme Horizon Europe, can find details of the calls in the respective Work Programme.