UCT Prague encourages academics from all around the world to compete for positions at our university.
We regularly prepare special programmes with assured founding for postdocs and junior researchers, such as ChemJets.
Moreover, we are keen on hosting researchers with Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships (MSCA-IF). MSCA-IF is a prestigious funding for promising researchers of any nationality who comply with the mobility condition – you have spent at least 12 months during the last 36 months immediately before the call deadline (usually mid-September) outside the Czech Republic. Fellowships last 1-2 years and help researchers boost their careers.
The Department of Research and Development can assist you with your application by performing an eligibility check and providing feedback on a draft proposal.
Even if there is no project call in current time, do not hesitate to contact us. We are always open to cooperate on good science project.
Mgr. Marika Kůrová
e (00420) 220 443 210
Current open positions:
Post-doc positions in 2D materials synthesis and its applications in sensors, energy storage, electronic and catalysis
Four postdoctoral positions supervised by doc. Zdenek Sofer are available at the Department of Inorganic Chemistry at University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague.
The positions are offered in a team working on a 5 years-long project (starting in January 2019) on 2D monoelemental materials based on silicene/germanene and pnictogens (phosphorene/ arsenene), their synthesis, deposition of monolayers, exfoliation, chemical derivatisation and exploration of possible application.
Recent publications of the group are available here: https://uach.vscht.cz/research/nanomaterials-and-semiconductors/42122?cookie[only_desktop]=1
- Work in dynamic international research team
- All state of the art characterisation and technological equipment necessary for the project is available in laboratory
- Salary: 500 000 CZK/year (including social and health insurance)
- Employment contract for the period of project duration
- Employee benefits (6 weeks of vacation, catering allowance, pension insurance allowance, language courses, institutional childcare, etc.)
- Low cost of living in tolerant, progressive and secure country with rich cultural and natural heritage
- Work in the heart of Europe with convenient transport connection to the whole world
We are searching for highly motivated postdocs with excellent research experience and a track record of publications in peer-reviewed international journals.
Description of the positions:
- Post-doc with expertise in synthetic chemistry (synthesis and work in glovebox is advantage) and material characterisation (Raman, FT-IR, XRD, SEM).
- Post-doc with expertise in material characterisation (spectroscopic method).
- Post-doc with expertise in material research focused on energy storage and conversion (batteries, supercapacitor, impedance spectroscopy, gas sensing).
- Post-doc with expertise in vacuum technology with hands on experience on MBE and related methods of thin film deposition and experience in material characterisation by XPS and/or UHV-STM/AFM.
Please send your CV and a page-long introduction via email to email@example.com before February 28th, 2019.