UCT Prague encourages academics from all around the world to compete for positions at our university.
We regularly prepare special programmes with assured funding for postdocs and junior researchers, such as ChemJets.
Moreover, we are keen on hosting researchers with Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships (MSCA-IF). MSCA-IF is a prestigious funding for promising researchers of any nationality who comply with the mobility condition – you have spent at least 12 months during the last 36 months immediately before the call deadline (usually mid-September) outside the Czech Republic. Fellowships last 1-2 years and help researchers boost their careers.
The Department of Research and Development can assist you with your application by performing an eligibility check and providing feedback on a draft proposal.
Even if there is currently no open call, do not hesitate to contact us. We are always open to cooperate on good science project.
Mgr. Marika Kůrová
e (00420) 220 443 210
Chair in Medicinal Chemistry
The University of Chemistry and Technology Prague (UCT) seeks to appoint a highly motivated and internationally recognized expert in drug discovery and development for a prestigious position: Chair in Medicinal Chemistry. The candidate will be expected to establish an excellent research group at UCT and to initiate novel national and international projects. As a faculty member, the candidate is further expected to participate in teaching activities, including the supervision of students. The Chair in Medicinal Chemistry position was established in collaboration with the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IOCB Prague). IOCB is traditionally active and successful in chemical research and practical applications, particularly in medicinal chemistry. IOCB’s most significant contributions to pharmaceutical development to date were the acyclic nucleotide phosphonate antivirals discovered by Prof. Antonín Holý and colleagues.
The candidate brings:
- A competitive and cutting-edge research program in drug discovery and development.
- An outstanding research record as reflected by international peer-reviewed publications in top journals.
- Experience in leading a research group.
- The potential to successfully secure external funding through European and other international and national agency grants.
- Strong academic experience with the ambition to grow professionally (teaching experience and doctoral/PhD degree with the aim of pursuing habilitation/professorship).
The university offers:
- Starting package for establishing a research group.
- Equipped laboratory space.
- Logistical and administrative support for procuring external funding.
- Competitive group leader salary.
- Assistance and support for families with children.
- Support and help with relocation.
The initial appointment will be for five years with the perspective of continuing at UCT as a group leader and faculty member after successful habilitation (associate professorship)
- Applications must be submitted no later than 30. 9. 2020.
- Interviews to be conducted in November 2020.
- Expected start: July 2021.
- Motivation letter.
- CV with publication list.
- Short summary of previous research activities (max. 3 pages).
- Research proposal for the initial five-year period at UCT (max. 5 pages).
- Contact email: Radek.Cibulka@vscht.cz
The University of Chemistry and Technology Prague (UCT) is one of the largest Central European educational and research centers performing cutting-edge research focused on chemistry, chemical and biochemical technologies, material and chemical engineering, food science, environmental studies, and related disciplines. Remarkably, of the more than 4,000 students at UCT, ca. 750 are enrolled in doctoral programs. Some of UCT’s programs are unique to the Czech Republic and are essential to the country’s future. UCT collaborates with more than 100 academic institutions worldwide. According to the QS World University Rankings 2021, UCT Prague ranked second among Czech universities and improved globally by 13 places from the previous year, achieving a rank of 342. According to the Nature Index 2020 rankings, UCT is the third best Czech university (177th in Europe).
Post-doc position in 2D materials synthesis and applications for electrocatalysis, supercapacitors and rechargeable batteries in ERC team
Postdoctoral positions supervised by prof. Zdeněk Sofer are available at the Department of Inorganic Chemistry at the University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague. The candidates will join an international team working on a project funded by the ERC-CZ grant and focus on the synthesis of two-dimensional materials, their composites and nanostructures, exploration of their applications for supercapacitors, rechargeable batteries and optoelectronic devices.
For more information on the research conducted by prof. Sofer and recent publications of the group please consult:
- Immediate start
- Work in a dynamic international research team
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment
- Full-time contract for 12 months with possibility of extension
- Highly competitive salary
- Employee benefits (6 weeks of vacation, catering allowance, language courses, institutional childcare)
- Low cost of living in tolerant, progressive and secure country with rich cultural and natural heritage
- Work in the heart of Europe with convenient transport connections to the whole world
We are looking for:
- Highly motivated postdocs with excellent research experience
- PhD degree in chemistry or material science and related area
- Experience in application focused on rechargeable batteries, supercapacitators and OLED devices, or synthesis of materials including Schlenk line and glovebox work
- Track record of publications in peer-reviewed international journals
- Pro-active, flexible and responsible colleagues with a collaborative mindset
- Excellent command of English (level B2 or higher)
- Organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Availability to start as soon as possible
How to apply
Please send your CV and a brief motivation letter via email to Zdenek.Sofer@vscht.cz, including a list of publications and contact details for at least two references.
Applications are accepted until the positions are filled. Selected candidates will be invited for an online interview where further details regarding the position and the research project will be discussed.