UCT Prague encourages academics from all around the world to compete for positions at our university.
We regularly prepare special programmes with assured funding for postdocs and junior researchers, such as ChemJets.
Moreover, we are keen on hosting researchers with Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships (MSCA-IF). MSCA-IF is a prestigious funding for promising researchers of any nationality who comply with the mobility condition – you have spent at least 12 months during the last 36 months immediately before the call deadline (usually mid-September) outside the Czech Republic. Fellowships last 1-2 years and help researchers boost their careers.
The Department of Research and Development can assist you with your application by performing an eligibility check and providing feedback on a draft proposal.
Even if there is currently no open call, do not hesitate to contact us. We are always open to cooperate on good science project.
Mgr. Marika Kůrová
e (00420) 220 443 210
We have recently opened 8 positions for postdocs within the ChemJets 2 programme.
Deadline for applications is Tuesday 14 April 2020 23:59 Brussels time!
- Two 2-year starting grants can be awarded in 2020
- Financial support provided from the Fund per grant will be 2 400 000 CZK
- The deadline for the proposal submission is on 17 April 2020 at 15:00 CET
- Detailed information
2 PhD positions in 2D materials synthesis and its applications in energy
Two PhD positions supervised by prof. Zdenek Sofer are available at the Department of Inorganic Chemistry at University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague.
The positions are offered in a team working on a 5 years-long project (started in January 2019) on 2D monoelemental materials based on silicene/germanene and pnictogens (phosphorene/ arsenene), their synthesis, deposition of monolayers, exfoliation, chemical derivatisation and exploration of possible applications.
Recent publications of the group are available here.
Description of the positions:
- Energy storage and conversion (water splitting, batteries, super capacitors)
- Chemistry and derivatives of 2D monoelemental materials beyond graphene
- Work in dynamic international research team.
- All state of the art characterisation and technological equipment necessary for the project is available in laboratory.
- Salary + scholarship : over 250 000 CZK/year (including social and health insurance)
- Full-time employment contract for the period of PhD study (4 years)
- Employee benefits (6 weeks of vacation, catering allowance, language courses, institutional childcare, etc.)
- Low cost of living in tolerant, progressive and secure country with rich cultural and natural heritage
- Work in the heart of Europe with convenient transport connection to the whole world
- Experience in synthesis, material characterization and energy related applications of materials
- Motivation and ability and willingness to publish results in reviewed highly impacted journals
- Command of Czech/Slovak language or related language is advantage
Please send your CV and one-page length introduction via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 March 2020.