Updated 10th of March 2020
- As of 11 March until appealed all forms of contact instruction of students at all levels of study are cancelled
- Employees of UCT Prague are recommended to work from home, provided they have duly discussed the matter with their direct supervisor and secured their approval.
Returners from the areas of COVID-19 outbreak shall immediately contact medical doctor by phone.
Summary of Information
Starting March 11 and until further notice, UCT Prague is cancelling all forms of in-person teaching of students at all levels of study. Distance forms of education are available using tools such as Skype, Microsoft Teams, and so on.
Students are to be contacted by their teachers by Friday (March 13) with information regarding how their classes will be conducted at a distance. Please refrain from asking unnecessary questions until contacted; you will be informed once information is made available by your teachers.
Laboratory classes scheduled for this week will be cancelled for students. You will be informed in a timely manner about further developments regarding labs.
The Rector’s Decision dated March 10, 2020, recommends that UCT Employees should work from home after proper agreement with and consent of their direct supervisors. The managers of individual workplaces are responsible for ensuring basic operation of workplaces so that they do not suffer any damage. Employees are obliged to follow the instructions of managers.
Heads of departments and other executives have the right to convene in-person meetings of groups of employees to deal with important matters in which a delay would pose a risk to ensuring current and future operation of the university or workplace. This is necessary to maintain the functioning of university governance and to ensure communication between the university and the state and municipal authorities.
UCT Prague dormitories are continuing to operate with increased hygienic regimes. We suggest that students from the Czech Republic move to their place of residence while classes are not being held on campus.
Continuing Education (University of the Third Age)
Teaching at the University of the Third Age (U3V) is cancelled until further notice.
Public Events Organized by UCT Prague
For the time being, all public events are also cancelled or postponed.
Rector's decision and other currently valid information
E-mail from rector to students (10th of March)
In connection with the extraordinary and volatile situation we kindly ask you to be patient when it comes to information concerning courses at UCT until the ban on contact instruction is lifted.
All teachers have been instructed to contact you before the end of the week to inform you about how the courses in which you are enrolled will continue. It makes no sense to write them with questions right now, so please wait until further notice from your teachers.
Students will be excused from laboratory classes planned for this week. We will inform you about further developments concerning these classes in the future.
University dormitories remain in operation.
For general information regarding the situation at UCT, please check the UCT website, social media or your UCT email address. If you are still unsure what to do, you can contact us on email@example.com, or by telephone on +420733690543.
Rector, UCT Prague
E-mail from rector (10th of March)
Following the emergency measure announced by the minister of health of the Czech Republic prohibiting the presence of students at universities as of 11 March 2020, I have decided on the following arrangements:
- As of 11 March until appealed all forms of contact instruction of students at all levels of study are cancelled.
- Online instruction is possible using apps such as Skype, Teams, etc.
- Employees of UCT Prague are recommended to work from home, provided they have duly discussed the matter with their direct supervisor and secured their approval. Heads of individual departments are required to ensure basic operation of their departments in order to avoid any damage. I ask the staff to follow the instructions of their supervisors.
- Heads of departments and other managers have the right to convene meetings of a group of persons in order to deal with important matters, the postponement of which might pose a risk for the current and future operation of the university or the department. It is necessary to ensure the continued operation of UCT bodies and communication between the university and the state and municipal authorities.
Thank you for your understanding and please remember to carefully monitor all electronic communication within UCT and on a nationwide level.
Rector, UCT Prague
Older, still valid information
In accordance with the official guideline issued by the director of the Office of Hygiene of the Capital City of Prague, we appeal to those of you who have recently returned from the areas of coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak (the contaminated areas of Italy, South Korea, China, Iran…) NOT TO GO to see a doctor, but to call the Emergency Line of the Capital City of Prague, 733 673 900.
The degree No. A/V/961/8/2020 - Anti-Epidemic Measures at UCT Prague to Mitigate the Risk of Infection with Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- The Decree applies to students and employees at UCT Prague and regulates extraordinary measures in case of danger of an epidemic outbreak upon return from areas with expected community spread of the Covid-19 infection (list of areas in German language, updated information from WHO, map in English). Up-to-date information about the Covid-19 epidemics published by the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic can be found on Czech website of the ministry.
- Employees or students who arrive from a Covid-19 area of risk will inform the territorially responsible office of the Hygiene Station that decides on the scope of anti-epidemic measures based on the assessment of the type of stay in the Covid-19 area of risk. At the same time, such employees or students will report their return using electronic communication at firstname.lastname@example.org and employees will also inform about this fact their direct superior using electronic communication or by phone.
- Until a decision is taken by the Hygiene Station, employees and students who have arrived from a Covid-19 area of risk must not attend lessons at UCT Prague, in particular enter areas designated for instruction and study at UCT Prague, libraries and restaurants at UCT Prague or work at departments at UCT Prague.
- If the Hygiene Station decides that the employee’s or student’s stay at the Covid-19 area of risk entailed a certain level of risk, the employee or student will report this fact using electronic communication at email@example.com and employees will also inform their direct superior using electronic communication or by phone and for a period of 14 days upon their arrival from the Covid-19 area of risk, i.e. for the period of quarantine, they are prohibited from participating at lessons at UCT Prague or working at UCT departments.
There is also degree No. A/V/961/7/2020 issued few days ago.